Test Automation Engineer
we are looking for a Senior Test Automation Engineer for setting-up and developing a test automation architecture, with focus on reusability and minimal maintenance for the functional GUI tests using Micro focus UFT One. Project is based out in Brussels, BE.
- You will be responsible to analyse what is asked to test in a test case or test set and convert this into a more useful automatic test by applying common automation principles where needed such as data-driven work, modular construction, etc.
- You will be required to report the status and progress of the automation process and of the automation test execution and is able to interpret and diagnose test results.
- Will be responsible to describe how a part must / can be tested automatically in a structured way and ensure the maximum chance of finding imperfections and / or defects.
- You will be responsible to determine the approach, synergy and test design techniques to be used with the support of the test coordinator.
- You will be specifying and structuring the test steps to automatically verify the test requirements as optimally as possible and ensuring that with as little testing as possible, the full functionality is covered as much as possible in a way that provides development with useful feedback.
- You must be able to correctly defining the required test data, so that the most suitable test data elements can be found (or created where necessary) under all circumstances and in all environments.
- You will be responsible to run the automation scripts, analysing the results in order to distinguish between errors in the script and errors in the tested application or system, correct any script errors and rerun the scenario and formulate the errors (if any) found by comparing the expected result with the actual result and describing the circumstances in which they occur.
- You will be required to collect and interpret the reports from the test tool, consolidate and summarise the most relevant information, estimate the seriousness of the (possible) problems, Estimate the quality of the tested, Indication of the coverage.
- An Ideal candidate will have some experience with leading a team although it will be an added advantage.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree required with strong relevant experience.
- More than 5 years of experience in Test automation with Micro-focus UFT: Analysis & Scripting.
- More than 3 years of experience in Architecture & Structure and Test Co-ordination.
- Strong knowledge of test design techniques and the implementation of it.
- ISTQB CTFL or similar certification is required.
- Fluent in English, and preferred French and Dutch professionally.
- Strong communication skills: able to communicate effectively with Team.
- Able to listen and gather feedback from team members and stakeholders.
- Pro-active and can-do attitude.
- Team player.
What we offer:
- A key function in a dynamically growing organization.
- An exciting, challenging position in a pleasant working environment.
- A full-time contract – indefinite term.
- Attractive employment package and salary conditions.