We are an independent digital consultancy with big ambitions. With offices in Belgium, India and the United Kingdom, we support a range of businesses, from start-ups to enterprises. We build teams and deliver digital solutions. We supply Business Analysis, Business Intelligence and Project Management to solve organisational problems. Our goal is to provide "Accessible Innovation" for anyone needing practical digital solutions.
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Type of job: Permanent
Date published: 08-Apr-2021
- Guides and coaches the Scrum Team on how to use Agile practices and principles to deliver high quality products and services to our customers.
- Gets team to a high performing level by recognising areas of strength and improvement and employing appropriate coaching and development techniques.
- Responsible for ensuring Scrum is understood and the team adheres to Scrum theory, practice, and guidelines.
- Coaches the Scrum team in self-organization, cross-functional skill set, domain knowledge and communicates effectively, both internally and externally working within the Scrum team.
- Works with Scrum Team, as well as internal and external stakeholders, to influence and drive decision making and support organisational project or product teams.
- Resolves team impediments with other Scrum Masters to increase the effectiveness of the application of Scrum in the organization.
- Works with Agile coaches and other Scrum Masters to grow within the role.
- Contributes to the advancement and improvement of Agile practices within the organization.
- Facilitates and supports all scrum events: Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, and Sprint Retrospective.
- Acts as a leader who coaches and supports Agile teams assigned to mainly Business as Usual (BAU) work and to a lesser degree, important department initiatives and applicable portions of corporate projects and initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree and 4 years of product or project development experience, or 3 years of project development experience on an Agile Team or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Demonstrated experience facilitating meetings at multiple levels of an organization and an understanding of facilitation techniques.
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including but not limited to Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Outstanding communication, facilitation, negotiation, and coaching skills.
- Knowledge of an agile framework or method (i.e., Scrum, Kan-ban), or understanding of software development life cycle models as well as in-depth knowledge of traditional project management principles and practices.
- Adept at refinement, story splitting, estimation, velocity, retrospection, and other Scrum techniques.
- Planning and problem solving with product management and delivery teams.
- Certifications: Mandatory to have at least one of the Scrum Master Certifications mentioned: Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Advanced Certified Scrum Master (A-CSM), Certified Scrum Professional Scrum Master (CSP-SM), Professional Scrum Master (PSM) I, Professional Scrum Master (PSM) II, Professional Scrum Master (PSM) III, Project Management Institute – Agile Certified Professional (PMI-ACP), SAFe 4 Scrum Master, SAFe 4 Advanced Scrum Master.
- Language Requirement: French and Dutch is must, English will be a plus.
What we offer:
- A key function in a dynamically growing organization.
- An exciting, challenging position in a pleasant working environment.
- A full-time contract – indefinite term.
- Attractive employment package and salary conditions.