To reinforce its transversal FIBRE Program We are looking for a highly motivated, experienced and enthusiastic Agile Product Owner for the IT teams working on the Fiber inventory systems to guide the development of the team. The teams solutionize, design, develop, test and bring into production the IT solutions for the FIBER Design and documentation system. You will be joining the project team in Brussels.
- You will be responsible to coordinator between the 2 Agile teams you’re assigned to and the end-user/stakeholder community represented by the Subject Matter Experts (SME) and the overall IFH product owner. This way you represent the IFH customer voice within the Agile teams.
- Will be responsible to assist the Product Manager and the SMEs to develop and maintains a vision for the product and are responsible for communicating that vision to the Agile teams.
- As a Product Owner you will work with NIT lead analysts, SMEs and development teams to ensure that business, quality and functional goals are met with each product release.
- As a Product owner you will follow-up the Agile Scrum based Software development.
- Through the PO sync meetings you will interact with the other POs of the ART, the Product Manager in charge of the feature’s road map and the high-level prioritisation, the SME (which are your direct colleagues within NEO) and the IT lead Analysts.
- Before a Product Increment (PI) Event together with your team, you make sure that the right features are refined in order to be ready for the PI event. There are 3 PI’s/year.
- After the PI Event, you are the voice of the customer within the Agile teams you’re assigned to: you interact with the different stakeholders (SME, Key Users, PdM) to answer the teams’ questions and deliver features fulfilling the customers’ expectations.
- Maintains and constantly prioritise the sprint-planning of the teams within the boundaries of the overall Product Increment planning and commitments. Determine the sprint goal and guide the team towards it during each sprint.
- Participates in the ceremonies of the team (e.g., daily Scrums, Sprint Planning Meetings and Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives).
- You will be responsible to evaluate the product progress and makes sure it meets the acceptance criteria assuring the level of quality. Based on feedback from the SME, you have the authority to accept or reject work done by the team. Also, you will communicate status externally to stakeholders.
- You as a Product Owner will be the voice of the Team to the outside world and should ensure that all channels of communications are open with the necessary stakeholders (SME, Product Manager, NIT & NEO management).
- Strong communication skills: able to communicate effectively with people from different backgrounds (business and technical).
- Able to listen and gather feedback from team members and stakeholders.
- Not afraid to dive into the technical details. Technical both in terms of NEO’s core business (which is about cables, ducts, splices, hand holes, trenches, optical measurements etc etc) as in terms of the IT-system concepts of IFH/GTECH).
- Organisational and analytical skills: able to see the big picture of the product’s vision and keep an eye for the detail.
- Customer, solution and improvement minded.
- Pro-active and can-do attitude and Team player.
- You will be required to have a University degree, or equivalent by strong experience working as a product owner/business analyst.
- Will require to have at least 3 years of experience in business or technical function in a large organisation.
- Having experience with GIS tools or in a utility company industry will be an added advantage.
- Fluent in English, and preferred French and Dutch professionally.
What we offer:
- A key function in a dynamically growing organization.
- An exciting, challenging position in a pleasant working environment.
- A full-time contract – indefinite term.
- Attractive employment package and salary conditions.