DWH / ETL Tester
We are looking for a highly motivated, experienced and enthusiastic Tester with experience in DWH and ETL Testing to join our team in Amsterdam.
- You will be responsible for creating comprehensive test plans for DWH release.
- Will be responsible to review and analyse system specifications and write effective unit tests.
- Will be required to design and develop SQL scripts to generate test data, and compare expected vs. actual data created by ETL processes.
- Execute unit, regression, performance and integration testing (manual and automated) and analyse the results.
- You will collaborate with ETL developers on troubleshooting and debugging of ETL jobs; identify required improvements of ETL code.
- You will collaborate with business users for executing user acceptance testing and collaborate with DBAs to identify improvements to the DWH performance.
- You will be responsible to ensure representativeness of test environments from both code and data perspective.
- You will be required to monitor and regularly report the performance of testing in accordance with established KPIs, establish and reinforce quality standards in functional and regression testing; establish and monitor testing KPIs and write technical documentation and specifications.
- You will reinforce continues integration principles in testing; actively contribute into maturing the CI practice and contribute into the design and implementation of testing tools and applications.
- University Degree along with Strong experience with all types of ETL/DWH testing including systems, integration, and acceptance in data warehouse environments.
- Strong experience in creating test plans, cases, and scripts without the use of testing case tools.
- Expert level of knowledge of Microsoft SQL services and technologies (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS and SQL Server 2012+).
- At least 5+ years of proven experience in SQL; Strong SQL scripting knowledge.
- Experience in Regulatory reporting like Ana-credit, IFRS9,IRRB, business analysis techniques and using tools for creating automated scripts.
- Good is an advantage,Good in depth knowledge of relational databases, DWH concepts, testing techniques, e.g. TMAP and using Jira as a defect tracker.
- Experience in at least one scripting language (Bash, Python or Perl) and CI/CD tool like Bamboo will be an added advantage.
- Working experience in Agile projects, high priority projects (high pressure on delivery).
- Verbal and written communication skills in English are essential. Any of the NL or FR will be an added advantage.
- Some flexibility outside 9-5 working hours.
- Able to communicate complex information clearly and concisely.
- Able to work independently and also to collaborate across the organization.
- Highly developed problem-solving skills with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve complex technical problems.
- Integrity and Responsibility includes Balance Risk with Opportunity, Customer Focus and Demonstrate Global Perspective.
- Professionalism and Teamwork, Drive For Results, Collaborate and Build Partnerships, Communicate Effectively and Professionally.
- Challenge Ourselves To Grow, Influence and Inspire Others, Lead Change & Seek Continuous Improvement.
What we offer:
- A key function in a dynamically growing organization.
- An exciting, challenging position in a pleasant working environment.
- A full-time contract – indefinite term.
- Attractive employment package and salary conditions.